Hand Sewing Magic
Essential Know-How for Hand Stitching--Master Tension and Other Techniques * With Pro Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting * 10 Easy, Creative Projects
Price / COM_VIRTUEMART_UNIT_SYMBOL_:
With an overview of essential tools and materials, a comprehensive dictionary of stitches, instructions on key techniques, and 10 easy projects, Hand Sewing Magic is your source for all things stitching.
Hand Sewing Magic is an essential reference to all things stitching, featuring how-tos for dozens of stitches, from the basics for sewing, mending, and tailoring to stunning embroidered embellishment.Hand Sewing Magic is a modern, all-in-one guide for hand stitchers of all levels of skill and experience, and for all applications. In this unique guide book you will:
• Get an in-depth overview of essential tools and materials, including thread, needles, fabric, and other key supplies.
• Explore a comprehensive visual dictionary of 35 stitches plus dozens of variations, from basic mending to stylish decorative embellishment to unique art stitching.
• Discover key techniques, from starting and ending threads to the right way to use an embroidery hoop, from stitching curved shapes to color shading, and more.
• Learn the essential tips and tricks of 10 influential and innovative stitchers.
• 10 simple and stunning projects show unique ways to use stitches and techniques.
With Hand Sewing Magic, you'll make the most of your hand stitching and give all your projects a beautiful handmade look.
Lynn Krawczyk is a mixed-media surface design artist who focuses on pattern and color. Her work features painting, drawing, and hand stitching on both fabric and paper. Lynn has written nearly 50 magazine articles for such publications as Quilting Arts Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors, Uppercase, Fiber Art Now, and Sew Somerset, and is the author of The Hand-Stitched Surface (CPi, 2017) and Intentional Printing: Simple Techniques for Inspired Fabric Art (Interweave, 2014).She also has a collection of floss with thread manufacturer Aurifil, Inked by Lynn Krawczyk, as well as three instructional DVD workshops with Quilting Arts/F&W Media: Print, Design, Compose; Color Theory Made Easy; and Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials. Lynn teaches surface design workshops at various venues throughout the United States. She lives in Plymouth, Michigan.
Quiltmaking, patchwork & applique