Astrologer Stephanie Gailing offers a modern approach to the ancient healing art of medical astrology using foods, essential oils, flower essences, spa therapies, relaxation practices, and other popular alternative healing tools as they relate to specific astrological signs in The Complete Guide to Astrological Self-Care.
The keys to wellness are written in the stars. In The Complete Guide to Astrological Self-Care, astrologer Stephanie Gailing offers a modern approach to the ancient healing art of medical astrology. From impulsive Aries to balance-seeking Libra, methodical Virgo to sensitive Pisces, each astrological personality is distinct, with specific needs of body, mind, and spirit. Divided into twelve chapters, one for each astrological sign, The Complete Guide to Astrological Self-Care illustrates in words and images the natural remedies and wellness techniques customized for each sign. Every chapter begins with an overview of the general qualities of that particular sign as they relate to health and wellness, including the specific parts of the body associated with that sign. Gailing then presents five holistic health approaches, with a number of sign-specific suggestions for each approach, including:
• Dietary approaches to wellness and specific health-supporting foods (for instance, a Taurus should grow their own herbs and use honey as their sweetener, while Capricorns should break out of their routine and try new foods, as long as they incorporate lots of calcium-rich greens into their diet)
• Spa therapies that are particularly advantageous (couples' massage is great therapy for Libras, while Aquarians resonate with Reiki)
• Recommended relaxation practices and yoga poses (Virgos should garden to unwind, while swimming is what the Piscean needs to find inner peace)
• Beneficial essential oils for use in aromatherapy (frankincense can inspire Leos, while clary sage nurtures Cancers)
• And finally, a listing of the best flower essences for each sign (impatiens is for Aries, and Sagittarians will take to agrimony)
Align your self-care routine with the stars with The Complete Guide to Astrological Self-Care. Elegantly designed and beautifully illustrated, the Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia series offers comprehensive, display-worthy references on a range of intriguing topics, including dream interpretation, techniques for harnessing the power of dreams, flower meanings, and the stories behind signs and symbols.
Stephanie Gailing is a wellness consultant and modern mystic with more than 25 years of experience. Her unique approach weaves together compassion-based coaching, wellness strategies, dreamwork, and astrological insights to provide her clients with stellar life guidance. In addition to working directly with individuals, couples, and organizations throughout the world, Stephanie regularly teaches in-person and online classes, inspiring her audiences with insights and strategies to live a life of greater well-being. Within the constellation of classes she teaches are those that focus on astrology, as well as sleep and dreams. As the co-host of the “So Divine!” podcast, she is the resident astrologer at Healers, the onsite dream and astrology expert at Rise and Shine, and the astrologer-in-residence at The Cloud Room in Seattle. Her work on holistic well-being has been featured in Refinery 29, Bustle, Seattle Magazine, City Arts, AstroStyle, MindBodyGreen, The Fold, Huffington Post,King 5 News, Seattle Times, and other outlets. Stephanie's entire career has been dedicated to health and wellness education. In addition to her current pursuits, her career in the field has included operating her own eco-products retail store, serving as a nutrition education consultant for companies in the natural products industry, and editing nutrition and natural lifestyle books. Stephanie holds a Certificate in EcoPsychology (Pacifica University), Advanced Diploma in Coaching (New York University), and an MS in Nutrition (Bastyr University). Stephanie lives in Seattle with her husband, Sebastiano.
Self-help & personal development